Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy 25th Birthday Costco! You've come a long way baby!


Having already blogged about my favorite store, I thought it would be fitting at least to wish Costco a happy 25th.  And without even planning it, to celebrate, I bought a new clock radio. Before I tell you about the "bells and whistles" of the latest and greatest clock radio, I'll tell you why we got one in the first place....We had been waking up to my loud ringer on my blackberry and unfortunately, that was draining the battery, so clock radio shopping was in order.  It wasnt until we got it home that I realized that 25 years ago, clock radios were one of the first things Costco sold. How appropriate! And wow, has technology did a number on the simple clock radio. Ours is now smaller, has an MP3 jack, projects the time on the wall and we can even wake up to nature sounds. Are you impressed? Of course, after 25 years, you'd think it would be able to tell you your blood pressure, balance your brain waves, cook your breakfast, order a taxi...oh well, maybe we should give it another 25 years.

No comments: